Living and Discovering the Euganean

Religious Places in Euganean | Euganean Hills Rss

Il Santuario di Monteortone

The Sanctuary of Monteortone

& Nbsp; The Sanctuary of Monteortone & nbsp; The Sanctuary of Monteortone: The Sanctuary of the Madonna della Salute Monteortone rises on the slopes of a hill on the outskirts of Abano Terme. Tradition has it that in the 1428 to a soldier named Peter Falco, Our Lady appeared here, promising the healing of old wounds of war in the legs,…

0 0

The Convent of Santa Margherita

The Convent of Santa Margherita Salarola is a small hill located north-east of the town of Calaone, of the municipality of Baone, in the saddle between Mount Castle and the highest mountain Cero. In the twelfth and thirteenth centuries these two surveys hosted on their top two castles, the first was a secondary residence of the Marquis…

0 0

Saint Anthony the Abbot Covolo

Saint Anthony the Abbot Covolo the slopes of Mount Madonna, in the locality Trespole, there is a church dedicated to St. Anthony the Abbot, founder of Eastern monasticism old, lived in Egypt in the fourth century and soon revered as the patron saint of farmers and protector of pets. Here once stood a monastery of which the church with…

0 0

Church of St. Blaise

Church of St. Blaise Castelnuovo di Teolo The first document relating to the Church of San Biagio di Villa del Bosco goes back to 1172: it is a decree by which the bishop of Padua Gerardo Offreducci the 20 February Praglia donated to the Monastery of the Church of San Biagio concedendolo, also, the right of the source.…

0 0

Cloister of the Salesians Monteortone

The Cloister Cloister of the Salesians of the Salesians is part of the Hotel San Marco which was originally the sixteenth-century monastery of the Hermits of S. Augustine the Blessed Virgin Mary of Monteortone. The cloister is decorated with an artistic wellhead tank-formed from a single piece of marble dated 1589, by a portal of the Renaissance 1605 from…

0 0

Chiesa San Sabino

Church San Sabino Torreglia The history of this church began in 1212 when it was built on the Hill of Mira, probably by overcoming the ruins of an ancient fort of Torreglia. In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries it was rebuilt, restored and enlarged many times thanks to the contribution of Jacopo Facciolati, always very attached to his country…